How Dia Portugal increased redemption rates from 4% to 20% in only two months
Dia is a multinational supermarket chain founded in 1979. They have nearly 6,000 food
stores, both owned and franchised. Dia group is present in Spain, Portugal, Argentina,
The leading supermarket has more than 45 million customers that shop at
their physical establishments and online store.
Dia wanted to activate their customer data with personalized offers at scale.
They had been collecting customer data for years, but they lacked a system to handle its unique, complex nature.
Dia wanted to spend more time on strategizing and less time in execution.
They needed simple tools and technology that would make implementation of marketing activities seamless and quick, instead of being forced to wait on an already overburdened IT department.
Dia wanted to understand their audience and segment their offers and rewards in a more efficient way.
They needed access to information that had been scattered across silos so they could have a more holistic understanding of their customers.
Dia wanted to multiply by 3 the incremental ratio of their couponing efforts
“We’re so proud of what we’ve accomplished with the help of LoyalRafael Carrasco León, Data Analytics and Customer Director in Dia group
Guru’s platform. We’ve managed to optimize internal business processes, and thanks to having a unified source of data, we´ve been able to easily share it with suppliers, and gain a better collaboration and results on the campaigns”
- Dia Group achieved their 2-year digital transformation plan in 1Q
- Dia cut down the time invested on building, measuring and analyzing their campaigns from 5.5h to ONLY 1h
- Dia improved their % Redemption on Up Selling campaigns from 4% to 16%, with a 4x performance improvement and well above their initial goal of 5%
- Dia improved their % Redemption on Cross Selling campaigns from 0,7% to 4%, with a 6x performance improvement and well above their initial goal of 1%
- Dia improved their Incremental Ratio from 2.x3 to 6.x4, with a 3x performance improvement and well above their initial goal of 3.x5
Dia also got the following:
- Dia can now provide accurate forecasting of campaign performance to their suppliers and negotiate with them the financing of marketing campaigns by sharing real customer data
- Dia´s marketing team is now independent from the IT department and are able to launch and execute campaigns successfully with no delays
- Dia can apply new types of campaigns thanks to the 360º vision of their customers
- Dia as a better holistic overview of their customer segments online and offline behavior thanks to the Loyal Guru’s Customer Data Platform and could therefore tailor better customer experiences
About Loyal Guru
Loyal Guru is the only customer data platform built for retailers to activate loyalty by collecting data and unifying it into actionable insights.
With powerful, flexible, and easy-to-use modules, retailers can activate their customers and drive growth, by measuring campaigns performance, and optimizing their loyalty strategies easily.